I took the original art to Kinko’s and copied it onto some regular paper and also some cardstock so that I could do some colour tests. Colouring is not my strong suit but I’d still rather screw around on paper than on the computer, though the latter seems to be the way the wind is blowing with comics these days. Personally I find computer colouring to be unattractive, but I guess like acting, the best colouring jobs are the ones you don’t notice.
Some revisions on target areas:
Here’s the final version. For some reason my scanner is pretty unfaithful to colour so I did way more Photoshop fudging than I expected. I knew that I’d do the background yellow/orange digitally.
Oh and I found a couple of sketches for abandoned cover ideas: