1. May 16 Khan-Con Star Trek Convention showing Wrath of Khan + New Trek Film + more
2. May 2 Cartoon Party Episode IV
3. Get involved, Second Level Wizards need help!
1. KHAN-CON IS COMING May 16!!!
Show your Trekkie pride and flaunt your bat’leth for all to see at Vancouver’s ONLY Star Trek Con starting at 11am and going until 6:30. Includes:
1. classic Trek episode “Space Seed” featuring Ricardo Montalban as Khan Noonien Singh
2. STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN
3. New Star Trek film by JJ Abrams!
4. Costume Contest
5. Chorgh Mile Klingon Rap Battle
6. Cartoons, assorted weirdness, prizes by our sponsor Elfsar Comics, etc.
More info to be updated shortly. Join the Facebook event at http://tinyurl.com/khancon. Tickets on sale Apr 27. Love Trek so much just attending just isn’t enough? Want to volunteer? Interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact us at email@example.com!
2. Saturday Morning Cartoon Party Episode IV: Dawn of Cookie Crisp.
May 2, 10:00 AM (doors at 9:30). Try a bowl of Pebbles Dino-S’mores and Cocoa Puffs Combos while you relive your childhood in front of the TV Cartoons, commercials and public service announcements from the 70’s and 80’s and…whenever. Yes we’ll have vegan-friendly cereals on hand and soy milk for those who are lactose indignant.
Admission $3 – You need your Second Level Wizards membership card to get in. Membership is $5 for a year – cereal concession not included. Prizes will be given away as usual! http://tinyurl.com/dawnofcookie
PLUS! May 2 is also Free Comic Book Day! After you’re finished watching toons head down to 2LW sponsor Elfsar Comics in Yaletown to meet Star Wars artist Daryl Mandryk and pick up some FREE COMICS.
3. Please help promote Second Level Wizards events to any relevant forums or groups you belong to, and please suggest any ideas you have to us. The more successful our events the easier it is for us to organize more! Visit us on www.secondlevelwizards.com and http://twitter.com/2lw – join the Facebook group and count yourself among the attendees for our upcoming events. Have your say in the comments and let us help make Vancouver more nerdy!
4. Don’t forget you can sign up for a Second Level Wizards T-shirts at any 2LW event. $15 for a 2LW logo on a white Gildan cotton T-shirt, email your size and PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, pick up a 2LW button! Don’t be outclassed by those first level wizards!