We recorded 16 songs but only 14 of them are going on the album “The Shadow Out of Tim.” We’re trying to decide what to do with the two other songs (“Kill the Chupacabra” and “Shhh….”) in between now and the next album (cuz they’ll be on that too). Suggestions were providing exclusives to Rue Morge, Lollipop magazine and/or CBC Radio 3. Any other ideas?
We’re going to submit three new songs to the CFOX ‘Seeds’ competition. Because I know you haven’t heard these rockers yet, and I love to tease, here is some thoughts about what we are going to submit and why.
1. Blackout – because it’s heavy and fast and rockin’
2. Kill the Chupacabra (tonight) – because as above plus also not on the album
3. Shhh…. – see 2.
3. Sleestak & Yeti
First Runner Up: Downtown (In the Cenozoic)
1. Sleestak & Yeti ‘because it is the catchiest.”
2. Shhh…. “because it’s a f**king great song.”
3. Nyarlathotep “because it’s the best riff.”
4. Marine Biologist, “cowbell. Need I say More?”
I’ll let you know how it all ends up. Mastering should be done some time around May 3.